Logo design is an important area of graphic design and one of the most difficult to perfect.
The logo is the image embodying an organization.
Logos are meant to represent a company's brand or corporate identity and foster their immediate customer recognition, find something that suites you and stick with it.
Color is important to brand recognition.
Some colors are formed/associated with certain emotions that the designer wants to convey.
- Common Associations with Colors
- Red — courage, passion, excitement, stimulation, fire, anger, fear, embarrassment, danger, warmth, adventure
- Orange — playfulness, optimism, autumn, energy, visibility, shock, surprise, insanity.
- Yellow — sun, happiness, creativity, radiance, clarity, caution, jealousy, cowardice, optimism.
- Green — nature, growth, health, vigor, harmony, rejuvenation, money, envy, disgust, inexperience.
- Blue — water, sky, sorrow, tranquility, contemplation, comfort, friendship.
- Indigo — the unconscious, the psychic, imagination, insight, dreams, relaxation.
- Violet — spirituality, peace, wisdom, understanding, inspiration, creativity, bliss.
- White — light, purity, protection, abstraction, transcendence.
- Black — darkness, death, mystery, fear, grief, despair, gloom, hiddenness, grounding.
- Brown — earth, dirt, soil, decay, dullness, feces, ingratiation.
- Gold — wealth, preciousness, vitality, radiance, sun, joy, success, talent, abundance, excellence, admiration.
- Silver — wealth, adornment, clarity, moon, psychic abilities, eloquence, hope.
- Pink — love, sweetness, femininity, harmony, health, comfort.
- Gray — indeterminacy, old age, neutrality, bleakness, conformity, in-between.
- Purple — royalty, spirit, justice, honor, ornateness.
- Turquoise — health, ocean, communication, expression, stimulation.
- Pale green — spring, newness, relaxation.
- Dark green — summer, forest, plushness, fertility, ripeness.